Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

The main reason is for safeworking.  A train order is required at Tottenham
for the section from Newport to Manor Loop.  There are no crossing loops
between Tottenham Loop SG
and Manor Loop SG.  The driver receives the TO from one Train Contoller for
the Newport to
Manor Loop section at Tottenham.  He receives an Electric Staff from
signellers @Tottenham B to Brooklyn, then at Brooklyn he receives an
Electric Staff from
Brooklyn to Newport.  He has the authority for Newport To Manor Loop.  The
reason it is done this way is that another train may have a TO from Manor to
Newport therefor the train has to wait at Tottenham Loop to cross.
There is one Train Controller for the Totty B to Newport DG Sections and a
different
Train Controller for Newport to Manor Loop SG.
Ray
former V/Line freight employee.
/