Albury sightings

     I was in Albury for a few days this week and below is a list of
locomotives I sighted.

X107 was parked in a bay beside the station platform. It is never used
apparently because all those who could operate the locomotive have gone.

48160 was shunting 38 NLDF* wagons waiting for them to be inspected before
they were taken to Goulburn to have there bogies swapped for high-speed
bogies. I was told that the wagons had been just sitting in the yard for
three years with no work. It now seems that Freightcorp has a contract which
requires the use of these wagons.

8243 was sitting idle in Albury yard.

N426 (City of Shepparton) in charge of a three car passenger train sat on
the broad gauge tracks at Albury waiting for the Sydney bound XPT to pass.

H1 shunting Victorian rollingstock including two grain wagons on standard
gauge in
Albury yard.

G528 picked up a container train in Albury then headed south back to
Victoria.

A71 was parked in sidings in Wodonga.

* uncertain about third letter so I have to wait for photographs to be
developed. They were however double door freight cars.

                                                                Phillip G.