Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

In article <79h2rm$in3$3@news.mel.aone.net.au> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) writes:
>From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
>Subject: Re: ARTC Vic Train Control
>Date: 6 Feb 1999 09:43:18 GMT

>Maurie Daly (mauried@commslab.gov.au) wrote:
>> Absolutely correct , and it begs the obvious question .
>> Why dont we simply run all the BG trains on the west line , and leave the East
>> line for SG trains only

>There is still the small problem of the single track dual gauge from
>Tottenham to Brooklyn.

>> Newport that BG trains just have to run on both the East and West lines.

>The most sensible would have been to dual gauge BOTH lines with
>bidirectional running.

>Cheers
>David

I think we need a reality check here guys.
The amount of BG activity on the dual guage track between Totty Box and
Brooklyn is not what you would call high.
According the the current MTP , there is only 4 trains and 1 light engine per
day on the down ,Nos 9585,0507,9260,9280 and 9420 and a whopping two BG trains
per day  on the up , nos 9220 and 9420, and none on weekends and thats it.
Compare this to the 30 SG train monements per day over the same line.
Im sure that any ARTC controller is really going to be sweating handling the
BG train load.

cheers
MD