Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Dion Williams <onamission@start.com.au> wrote in message
384DC565.283F@start.com.au">news:384DC565.283F@start.com.au...
> Richard Wardle wrote:
>
> > HERE HERE
> > I agree with you whole heatedly there John. To consider that the IU was
> > travelling at that speed is stupid. Also sounds like its coming from
someone
> > who doesn't know what they are talking about.
>
> Read my post first before you jump in there Richard. As I've already
> stated, I did NOT say the IU struck the IP at that speed. I'm theorising
> on what speed it might have been travelling at before the brakes were
> applied.
>
> Dion

The reason why I "jumped in" as you put it is that I was an intercity train
driver and the comments you are saying is absolutely silly. Most of the
people here have absolutely no idea in the operation of a train. So I would
choose my words carefully. By the same token the accident was not far from
Glenbrook station. So if you think that the train was travelling at the
speed that you have said before the driver applied the brakes he must have
given it full weak field. Also he would have had nowhere near the amount of
time to apply the brakes, climb out of the cab, and I mean climb out of the
cab, run thru the vestibule and alert people before impact.

There is my 2cents worth

cheers