Re: All-over advertising trams (Melb)

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 mcfergus@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>   Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
> > *  B2.2020 was green & yellow until it was first seen in Cadbury livery on
> > 02-05-1995.
> > <snip>
> > *  It's current paint job was first seen on 30-03-1999. This is all over
> > purple with chocolate blocks / peices on the side windows.
> > (I knew my research would be useful some day ;)
> >

> 2102 (Sydney) is now wearing a livery that, from the above description,
> appears to be almost identical. When you say 'paint job', in Melbourne, do
> they actually paint the trams for the advertising campaigns? In Sydney they
> use vinyls.
>
> Rob

The body of 2020 (B2) is painted purple, with stickers of the lettering,
"Cadbury is Chocolate is Cadbury is ....", and stickers of chocolate bits
on the windows (see-thru stickers).
Many of Melb's avertsting trams are done this way (1/2 paint and half
stickers)
I am hoping to get a photo and put on my web page as soon as possible...

Gareth

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"