Re: All-over advertising trams (Melb)

Andrew Mitchell wrote:

> I was driving 2020 (Cadbury Tram) last night on Route 96 and thinking
> that it has been the Cadbury Tram for well over 2 years (does anybody
> know how long??)   It has been repainted Cabury colors at least three
> times in that time (slightly differnet each time)

It was in those colours when I was last there about 18 months ago and
had been for some time before. My children love the photos of it on
route 12 and 96... they call it the Chocolate Tram.

> Strange however that W's don't get full body ad's anymore...anybody
> know why?

I would suggest because they are confined to so few routes. All-over
advertising trams have always roamed the whole system and advertisers
pay for that total coverage. But the Ws are now confined to the 8, 15,
12 and 69, whereas the all-over trams can run now on 26 other routes as
well.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand