Re: New infrastructure in Vic?

David Sauer wrote (re the Box Hill tram extension):

> My understanding is that the final track alignment is still being
> determined.  The government announcement did refer to passing loops,
> implying some single track, but that may be only east of Elgar Road or
> Nelson Road (the last 500m or so).

OK, thanks for that. It would be utterly bizarre to have single track
and passing loops in Whitehorse Road. Extending the terminus to Box Hill
will eliminate the worst hazard on the line (the extremely dangerous
terminus at Union Road), so why make a new hazard by using single track?

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand