Re: New infrastructure in Vic?

Anamul wrote:

>  > >And on a slightly different note, if FV or VLP were to invest in new
>  > >rollingstock, which is inevitable in the future, what sort of stuff
> would
>  > >they get?  Are VLP planning to purchase more Sprinters?
>  > >
>  > >Reuben
>
> VLP will not be purchasing any new rolling stock. That decision will be left
> up to the new owners.
> More rolling stock is definately needed a/c the demise of the Blue Birds (to
> be replaced with 1 Sprinter & 1 N Loco - an ACZ & a BCZ) and increasing
> overcrowding on the Seymour Line (ex Craigieburn), the Bendigo Line (ex
> Sunbury) and the Bacchus Marsh Line (ex Melton)

I know it sounds a bit optimistic with Jeff in power, but why not electrify to
Craigieburn, Sunbury, and Melton? This could cut down on the overcrowding on VLP
trains, and *perhaps* get more people back on to rail.

When I was at uni, I saw planning booklets/reports suggesting the above
electrifications (along with reopening and electrification to South Morang), as
well as improvements to stations on the Dandenong to Pakenham and Cranbourne
lines.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers