Re: New infrastructure in Vic?

>/
>
>"Freight Victoria will invest $36 million in the first two years to improve
>infrastructure, modernise or replace parts of V/Line Freight's locomotive
>fleet as well as upgrade the Geelong grain loop to include standard gauge."
>
>Does anyone know what exactly this is likely to involve?  New locos?
>Refurbishing old ones?  (Buying back the C class leftovers?...(optimistic
>thinking I know!))
>
>And on a slightly different note, if FV or VLP were to invest in new
>rollingstock, which is inevitable in the future, what sort of stuff would
>they get?  Are VLP planning to purchase more Sprinters?
>
>Reuben

Sorry mate! nothing is being said up here, but I did hear that no new
locomotives are being got for the foreseeable future! I really do think,
that after just spending $163 million, we are unlikely to see much spending
at all, as did happen in SA, But lots of cuts are a certainty!
Union still says we should expect our offers of employment last Wednesday ??
We do know that on Wednesday some of our Wodonga mates got letters telling
them they would be transferred to PTC on May First, surplus to Freight
Victoria's requirements!
On a good note, We are carting heaps of Super into Wodonga, and presumably
elsewhere! as today we received Sand hoppers and other similar vehicles in
the consist!(18 super plus 6 cement behind new X and A81) Must be short of
modified Super trucks?
We are told that new Tariffs are on offer, cutting V/Line rates by up to
50%. [ A very angry Trucker this morning assured us that this was so] We are
also told that Shell and Ampol / Amoco could soon return to the Rail, for
similar reasons! [Shell Manager said an offer had been received, and was
being considered, mind you wee were talking over a beer]
Rod ;o)