Re: Mark's Marvellous Map of Bendigo?

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message
zb1P2.4454$MB3.7440@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:zb1P2.4454$MB3.7440@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

>              Under the proposed rules, on arrival at the up home, the
> qualified man will operate the points in a similar way as Wangaratta. But
at
> the Melbourne end, he will need to operate the Benalla signal box to get
> across the road xing, out on to the bridge and back into the shed and
> reverse to get back on his train.
> Even if they close the box and remove/replace the point rodding, will
cause
> a serious delay to the running of this train. This train runs non-time
> sensitive goods at the moment. New Owners will need to concentrate on
> all Freight available, if they are to increase loadings in the N.East.
> Trucks will run rings around us if we do not concentrate on lifting our
> game, but decide to sack all the experts we have left and replace them
with
> a Jack of all Trades who knows everything, but can do only one or two
things
> properly, the rest poorly.

The story I was told is that when Benalla was 'rationalised', the reason
only one box was abolished was a severe shortage of capital funds, and if
any further funding appears, Benalla A gets the chop as well.  When you
think about it, Benalla A is the more expensive box to abolish, because of
the level crossing.

B.