Re: Mark's Marvellous Map of Bendigo?

>>>and stopping for "departmental purposes" at the junctions?
>>
>>FV won't have any departments <g!>.  Train Orders can be received on
>>the move.
>>
>Only if a responsible Departmental Person can be found to write it out for
>the crew!
>then the driver can crawl past this person at perhaps 5 kph and verify it by
>Radio as he returns to speed!
>otherwise a driver will write his order under the protection of a manned
>yard, or his existing order, and his train will be stopped! Having received
>his order he will enter THAT section.

Why can't the second person take the train order over the ttb radio
while the driver drives the train? Seems to work okay in SA. It would
also enhance the arguement to keep trains two person crewed.

>As Freight Victoria has given notice of Termination to many people these
>last few days, it is doubtful that any
>departmental types will be available any more. Even talk, that the second
>person will open and close the signal boxes as required [I hope that one is
>a wrong-un].

In practical terms what is the difference between the 2nd person
operating a switchlock or a box (assuming thbat they have been trained
in that particular box)? Again it might just inprove the arguement for
keeping two people on a train.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.