Re: Mark's Marvellous Map of Bendigo?

I should have mentioned these are FV proposals. They would have no interest in
where or how the pass operator routes its trains. If the pass operator wanted
to go to Echuca presumeably they would have to pay for maintenence Bendigo to
Echuca.

Note I did not say you couldn't get from Swan Hill to Bendigo but rather a
piece of track will be built so that goods trains could go straight from the
Swan Hill line to Dunnoly or Melbourne. Think about it, where does 99% of
freight, (wheat) from the Swan Hill line go? Geelong. Which way is easier to
get to Geelong)? You avoid Malbourne.  Plus you would have the option of going
to Dunnoly easily.

<<<<<(Swan
Hill - Eaglehawk - Bridgewater - Inglewood (reverse)

There would be no reverse at Inglewood, the plan involves building a short
track to enable a train coming from Eaglehawk to make a left turn at Inglewood,
(sorry I mentioned Bridgewater)

Actually running Deni, Moulamein trains via Seymour makes perfect sense to me,
its shorter and it would make it easier to single track Kyenton to Bendigo, or
maybe even Sunbury to Bendigo.

I don't usually post rumours but this is from someone "in the know"

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/