Re: Wisconcin wants in,still!

David McLoughlin wrote, and I selectively quote:

>You still have regulated prices for monopolies?
>
>The power, gas, phones and water systems here have been or are
>privatised, ie, they have been or are being sold to the highest overseas
>bidder, which has promptly cranked up the prices.

When our utilities were sold off, part of the deal was a drop in
charges or a rebate on your account and IIRC no increases till 2001
(ie after the next election).  Even then the Regulator General will
not permit cranking up of prices, but merely COL rises.

Also after 2001, you'll be able to buy your electricity/gas from
whichever company you wish, so the utilities won't be monopolies as
such.

Regards

Yuri
--