Re: Countrylink website.

Michael Walker wrote in message <923624708.31835@woody.hotkey.net.au>...

>Of course, not all government passenger railways are run like this, Vline
>have always provided excellent service. In all my journeys by train past
the
>electrified limits of any city, good service on a Countrylink service
>appears to be exception, bad service by Vline staff - I don't know of any
>personally and from anyone I've spoken to.

There are good and bad in every bunch - I have had some good trips with
Countrylink, and one or two bad trips with VLP - it all depends on a lot of
things, including what side of the bed they got out of that morning.

>West Coast Rail are quite good too. There were a few niggles with some
>aspects of their service the time I travelled but the experience is still
>quite worthwhile in general and especially so when compared to the likes of
>Countrylink.

Have only travelled Melbourne - Geelong with WCR - haven't gone any further
(have been further when it was run by V/Line) - they need to improve a few
things as well - like running the buffet for the length of the journey, and
not just past Geelong.

GSR is another operator that has a mix of staff. On my way back from Perth
(in steerage - all the sleepers were full, but if ever I cannot get a
sleeper, I will fly) the crew from Adelaide to Sydney were pathetic. They
couldn't have been less responsive to passenger needs. And it was not just
because we were in steerage, as the Perth - Adelaide crew were great!

DaveP

=========

Known spammers/idiots list - spambots, please take note, and do your stuff!

ahill26876@aol.com , sales@aitnet.net , Joe1orbit@aol.com , pjm@syd.net.au ,
babymash@manawatu.gen.nz , rshutt@netspace.net.au