Re: trial CityRail signage and info systems

In article <70s9np$vra$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>,
  "David \"The Doctor\" Proctor" <daproc.remove.spambait@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Granville never had an automated public address system - i used to change
> trains there daily - if they DID have an automated system, it was
> mysteriously switched off whenever I happened to be there...

Granville has had an SPI system installed since late 1995 with another 7
stations receiving the same. It has been the key display of information for
passengers at Granville ever since.  If you did change trains there often you
would HAVE to have seen it as the pull-down indicator boards were removed a
short time after the SPI was up and running, with smaller "Next Train" signs
installed as a backup in case of SPI failure.  The announcements incorporate
the SPI system.  It is	different to the DVA system currently being installed
around the network for the fact that is has electronic indicator boards and
uses the first set of sound bytes recorded a while ago.

> I never said the train did not stop there - I know for a fact that it did -
> but the fact that there has been an automated public address announcement at
> Granville that mentioned Tallong IS a complete fabrication (unless it was an
> announcement made in conjunction with testing the new system on
> installation.

As David Johnson said too it is a fabrication because I was saying exactly
that - it failed to mention Tallong!  I was merely pointing out the
shortcomings either with the Granville SPI itself or its programmers - that a
station in a stopping pattern is left out, as was demonstrated by this
Goulburn service, and Lithgow services stopping at Zig Zag.  Futhermore, as I
stated before I did not hear or see this recently and I believe it now runs
via East Hills.

--
Paul McCabe