Re: trial CityRail signage and info systems

boofheadpaul@yahoo.com.au wrote in message
<70s4fi$g49$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Yes I know - I wrote it - however it was about the SPI system installed for
>couple of years, not the new DVA which isn't installed there....

Granville never had an automated public address system - i used to change
trains there daily - if they DID have an automated system, it was
mysteriously switched off whenever I happened to be there...

>Fabrication?  Yeah I can see why I would fabricate such a thing as a
missing
>sound bite! :) For your information, I believe the train stopped (from
>Central) at Strathfield, GRANVILLE, Liverpool, Glenfield, Campbelltown and
>all to Goulburn (with first pick up at Macarthur).  There was a pause on
the
>announcement between Wingello and Marulan.

I never said the train did not stop there - I know for a fact that it did -
but the fact that there has been an automated public address announcement at
Granville that mentioned Tallong IS a complete fabrication (unless it was an
announcement made in conjunction with testing the new system on
installation.

>I think this was the only time (again, approx 17:30) a service to Goulburn
>stopped at Granville at that particular period and there was no reference
on
>the concourse indicators for Goulburn services.  The platform indicators
>showed all stops, but omitted Tallong on the announcement.

There was no automated announcement system - it was done manually.

>FYI the service was operated by 2x Endeavours when I saw it.
>
>If you need more proof, David, it can be arranged easily.

I cought this train often - it got into Bundanoon at a nice time for dinner
at the Post Office Restaurant, and into Goulburn in time fo me to catch the
Xplorer to Canberra - it divided at Moss Valem with the leading two cars
continuing on to Goulburn. Of course, none of this is proof that there was
an automated announcement at Granville mentioning Tallong!

David "The Doctor" Proctor
daproc.remove.spambait@bigfoot.com