Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:39:44 +1100, "David Proctor"
<daproc.spambait@umpires.com> wrote:

>Krel wrote in message <364eba94.9312330@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>
>>The idea was to avoid slowing trains down when no cross is involved.
>>The cost involved in both time and dollars in slowing 1500 metres of
>>train and then getting back up to speed is considerable. On some
>>secondary lines trailable points are used.
>

>As opposed to stopping a train twice (once to put the key in to do the
>points, then again in the loop)?

If there is no cross there is no stop (not even slowing down).
if there is a cross there are two stops but between the two trains do
not accelerate to full speed. Yes a cross does take time but I was
trying to explain that electronic train orders already exist.

heers

Krel
All's well that ends.