Re: Newport crash

In article <72o69i$p72$1@aggedor.rmit.edu.au>, David Hoadley
<s8400157@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote:

> This suggests to me that it was a down Williamstown shuttle entering
> Newport platform 2 from the yard, rear-ending the departing Werribee
> train. But this seems so unlikely, because it requires the driver to
> continue driving into a highly visible stationary train at low speed for
> some time. (Weather here in Williamstown is cloudless and bright today).
> More likely the report was not quite accurate. Other possibilities are
> down Werribee meeting up Willi-Newport at junction, which seems pretty
> unlikely to me, or an up Werribee leaving platform 1 meeting down
> Willi leaving yard. Curious.

As far as possibilities go, the Willy shuttle rear ending the Werribee is
most possible as it is a signallable manouver to let the shuttle into the
platform behind the werribee.

Hot off the press, it was as described above, minor injuries, the trains
have been cleared and everything is running again.

--
Stuart Thyer
Photographer-Department of Anatomy