NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

Considering the problems on this corridor, and I use a
term from rail enthusiast magazines, that "delightful"
staff and ticket working.

Why not introduce Train Orders in the interim.?

Yes I know, Train Orders belong in another era, but
funny how they keep all those trains moving in SA, WA
and the NT.  This bull**** of an engineman getting out
of the cab and pushing a button on the signal post to
get into the siding if there is an opposing train and
then after getting into the crossing point, out of the
cab again to exchange the staff.

At least Train Orders will allow the train to enter the
crossing point with the instruction to either, "take
the main line" or "take the crossing loop".  When the
opposing train arrives they pick up a new order and
move on.

Still we could not allow this, it might reduce the 22
safe working systems that NRC encounter across Oz.
Then of course we have the signals along this
antiquated line which indicate different things than
all the other signals down south.!

Cheers

----Terry Burton