Re: Ringwood Signalbox (Vic.)

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : Following the official opening of Boronia Station today, a number of
> : representatives from P.T.C./Hillside Trains visited Ringwood Station in
> : account of signalling upgrading project.  This project will commence in
> : January 1999 and the new signalbox will be located on up end of the down
> : platform (Platform 2).
>
> : I will keep the group informed when more information comes to hand.
>
> I can tell you that the upgrad of Ringwood will include making Platform
> 1 into an island platform, this will result in the removal of the current
> 1920's lever singnal box.  If you can, go and have a look at the old box
> before it goes.  There are 4 people that work there on 8 hour shifts.
> 3 of the 4 will let you in and maybe even let you change a few points and
> signals.

Don't want to spoil your fun but unless the regulation's or whatever they are
called now have changed they stated:Reg 85 (b) No unauthorized person is to be
allowed to interfere with the working of signals or points or with any
Electrical Instrument or Bells
Reg 86 (a) Each signalman must keep his signalbox strictly private and not
allow any persons other than authorized employees to enter it.