Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

So you approve of the guard sitting in the drivers seat. [because it's
more comfortable]  Would not that tell you that the guards seat is a
poor second cousin the drivers.  Are there regulations stating that
guards are not authorised to sit on the drivers seat ? Just because
they do, does not make my argument invalid regarding the quality of
the 2 seats provided.

Regarding work location, I see little difference when a crew cab is
some 10' foot by 6' foot. Do you draw little yellow lines on floor
saying don't cross this line: drivers or guards only. [they both work
with the same space, though seating for guards and drivers are on
opposite sides]

They both usually sit on the left. Not if we accept the guard sits on
the drivers seat like you suggest. [see, this is the petty crap you
come back with]
Now if you please answer the simply question without all the rhetoric.
Is the guard entitled to sit on the drivers seat ? Yes or no ? And if
you choose to argue, answer the questions with valid answers.  On
suburban sets, do you agree that the drivers seat is more comfortable
? It's a real easy question, yes or no ?

I stated: We appear to agree that nothing can be done for the guards
regarding the air-conditioning simply because they have to open the
door at platforms. [doing this vents the cab and nullifies the
efficiency of the said] Can we agree on that fact.

You stated: Replace them with cameras? Replace the guards or allow the
guards to view the platforms for purpose of right-away using camera's.
Your response is not clear.

You stated: "Because they're not as greedy.  Guards keep agreeing to
work longer hours.  If they don't like it can change.  Or demand
shorter hours".  I would assume that the drivers would support this if
they made a stand on this matter.  I could draw the conclusion from
your observations that guards obviously work longer hours because
State Rail does not have enough of them to implement workable
rostering. I would have thought this was a management problem.

Drivers do have a higher hourly rate we all know this. And we all
accept they have a more important, more stressful, more demanding job.
My argue is not centred on this fact. [I would assume this is why
their shifts are shorter]
I have to agree with you on the uniforms. I was wrong on that point.
[regarding drivers]

You stated drivers do deal with the public. Compared to guards, what
would you consider their involvement with the public. What ratio would
you think is appropriate compared to the guards. Say, on par. Perhaps
10%.

A driver does not get wet when it's raining. You state:  "Not paying
attention, he does". Oh, sorry water on the consol. How much, a litre.
Enough to wet you radio or roster book. Does every drivers cab suffer
this affliction.  This make up for rain coming through an open door
way does it. [is this tit for tat]

I stated: "I believe all drivers know their position has greater job
satisfaction than the guards". You stated:  Probably, but you'd have
to ask guards that have become Drivers to know the answer to that.
[have you ever bothered to ask] If you have not been a guard, how can
you draw conclusions.
Lets face it, the guard has the crap job.

You stated:  "They do? News to me. If I was looking for a job, I'd
take it in second".  Well here is your opportunity my old son.
Apparently there are plenty of positions available based on the
overtime.

You stated: "$70,000+ pa to sit on your arse reading the paper all
day" ? Bit of a blanket statement there. They all earn that do they ?
I suppose they don't mind working 10 hours a day & 13 shifts a
fortnight.  Next you will tell me that they don't deserve those wages,
even know they worked.  And who cares if they read a book or
newspaper.  What the shit do you think they should do. Stare
mindlessly out the window all day.

In your posts, you have displayed all the bias I always believed
existed.  Your so blinded by grievances dating back to the unsupported
strikes 15 years ago that even drivers who weren't around at the time
quote with monotonous regularity.  You carry these old grievances
around like shit on a shoe.