Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

Michael Hendy wrote:

> Michael wrote:
> >
> > zifnab_spam_@goconnect.net (Paul Jones) wrote in

> > >I did think about it, but it means driving to Scone from Sydney,
> > >catching train to Goulburn and back to Sydney, sleeping overnight at
> > >home, catching train next day back to Scone to pick up car... Is it
> > >really worth it??? NO!!
> >
> > Catch the XPT to Goulburn from Sydney, Endeavour to Campbelltown, spark to
> > Strathfield, V set to Hamilton, Endevour or 620 to Scone, repeat process in
> > reverse, except stop at Sydney.
> >
> > If you are like most people and compare the comfort of riding the XPT to
> > disembowling one-self, then replace the XPT with a spark and an Endeavour.
>
> XPT isn't applicable, it's not a CityRail service =)
>
> If you were to go by CountryLink though, you could do the following:
>
> Goulburn Dep: 3:42AM (XPT)
> Sydney Arr: 6:25AM
> Sydney Dep: 9:35AM (Xploder)
> Scone Arr: 1:53PM
>
> 10 Hours, 11 Minutes, $74.80
>
> Scone Dep: 12:59PM (Xploder)
> Sydney Arr: 5:00PM
> Sydney Dep: 6:14PM (Xploder)
> Goulburn Arr: 8:49PM
>
> 7 Hours, 50 Minutes, $74.80.
>
> I reckon you're a pu##y til you've done this little special though (I
> did this in December):
>
> Mullumbimby Dep: 10:28PM Thursday
> Sydney Arr: 11:38AM Friday
> Sydney Dep: 8:43PM Friday
> Melbourne Arr: 7:00AM Saturday
>
> 32 Hours, 32 Minutes, $28.60 ;) (Pension Travel Voucher)
>
> --
> Michael Hendy
>
> Webmaster, http://biisetup.cjb.net
>
> e-Gunzel - aus.rail
>
> Basilisk II support questions should be sent to the Delphi forums if
> possible, so that they can be quickly and accurately answered (I don't
> know everything!)
>
> --
> "The world's programmers are trying to make the best idiot-proof
> software. The universe, however, is trying to make the best idiot.
> Currently the universe is winning." - Anon.
>
> "It is our policy to upgrade our product every few months to keep up to
> date with new CPUs (such as Athlon and Pentium 4), new Oses (Windows
> XP), so that our code base does not get stable." - Darek Mihocka,
> Emulators Inc.

Murwillumbah to Melbourne? Ha! Try Lismore to Adelaide, with a stop-over in
Penrith

10:50 pm Lismore to Sydney, arrive 10:30ish.
Sydney to Penrith (not too sure of the time of that one, around 11am, arriving
close to midday).
Penrith to Sydney(once again, not too sure of the time, around 2 pm, arriving
close to 3pm).
Sydney to Adelaide(leave around 5:30pm, arrive around same time next day)
Keswick to Adelaide(about 5 minutes, if that)

Did it back in 1999...therefore cannot remember exact times of the trains, except
for the Lismore XPT (since I caught it so often).