Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

"Jonathan Lau" <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3B20A4FD.621FE4EB@ozemail.com.au">news:3B20A4FD.621FE4EB@ozemail.com.au...
> Jonathan Boles wrote:
>
> > > Longest journey would be from Scone to Goulburn. Rail distance:
513.54km
> > Cost: $29
> > > single, $58 return, $34 off peak return.
> > >
> > > Scone dep: 5:56am
> > > Hamiliton arr: 7:56am (change for Central service)
> > > Hamiliton dep: 8:03am
> > > Central arr: 10:21am
> > > Central dep: 3:46pm
> > > Goulburn arr: 6:46pm
> >
> > ...when you can tell us that without a timetable or ticket machine.
(Please
> > tell us you didn't use either!)
> > :-)
>
> Well, I did cheat using the Cityrail fare calculator and the online
timetable.

> Any one who does travel from Scone to Goulburn must be mad and a dead set
> gunzel.

I did think about it, but it means driving to Scone from Sydney, catching
train to Goulburn and back to Sydney, sleeping overnight at home, catching
train next day back to Scone to pick up car... Is it really worth it??? NO!!

--
Paul Jones
http://pj_rail.tripod.com