Re: Overland to continue 4 another 2 years

On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:10:12 GMT, "Peter Berrett"
<pberrett@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>At XPT speeds it would take a lot less time than that surely. Adelaide is
>not that far (I'm assuming a no stops, express service)
>
>cheers peter

Melb - Adelaide is 850 Km of which the last 100 Km from Murray Bridge
to Adelaide prevents any kind of hi speed running due to the sharp
curves, min 12 chain radius.
8 hours is about the absolute best an XPT could do given 160 KM/H
running , which currently isnt allowed in Victoria at all.
Getting from Spencer St to Newport is slow as is Nth Geelong , Maroona
and Ararat.

MD