Re: Overland to continue 4 another 2 years

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:05:49 GMT, taliesin@NOSPAMchariot.net.au
(Taliesin Walker) wrote:

>I fear that the Overland will always be under threat. At least until
>the Adelaide - Melbourne line is significantly upgraded allowing
>competitive running times.
>
>But what are the chances of the kind of money required to upgrade the
>line being spent? Not much probably.
>
>Tali
>
>Remove NOSPAM from email address.

The only major upgrade the Adelaide line now needs is for the Adelaide
Hills to be bypassed .
AN costed this option at around $200 M , which seems to me a bit high.
There are now a lot of significant benefits to be gained by doing this