Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

"Karina Vor-daniken" <vorgestern@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| Takes to personnel to work an electric train in Sydney.

Although no-one has said any differently, it's only because the rules say
so.

| One Driver & one guard. Their work location is the same.

Wrong.

| The crew cab.

There's a Driver's compartment and a guard's compartment.

| One sits on the left, one sits on the right.

They usually both sit on the left, you really haven't been paying attention
have you?

| So their habitat is identical, apart
| from where they sit, and what's their required duties.

So, in other words, almost nothing is the same.

| There's no disputing that one has a comfortable seat, the other has a
| seat with the same comfort level as a passenger.

They both use the same seat, as I've already told you and it's not
comfortable, as I've already told you also.

| On Interurban stock, the passengers are provided with more comfortable
seats because of the
| longer distances involved. Yet, the guard can spend the same hours and
| more on a suburban train and his seat remains hard and uncomfortable.

The same one the Driver sits on.

| Yes, the guard can sit in the drivers seat, who would not elect to use
| the best seat. However, guards are not allowed to sit in the drivers
| cab. But they do, and 95% of drivers would not have a problem there.
| But still, technically they are not allowed to do it.

But they do it, so that negates your whinge.

| We appear to agree that nothing can be done for the guards regarding
| the air-conditioning simply because they have to open the door at
| platforms.

Replace them with cameras?

| Regarding better working conditions:  the driver has shorter rostered
hours,

Because they're not as greedy. Guards keep agreeing to work longer hours. If
they don't like it can change. Or demand shorter hours.

| has a higher hourly rate,

For a more important, more stressful, more demanding job.

| has a more comfortable seat,

Not paying attention, they use the same seat.

| does not have to wear a uniform,

Not paying attention, Drivers do have to wear a uniform.

| does not have to deal with the public,

Not paying attention, they do deal with the public.

| has the advantage of the prestige of saying he's a train driver,

So now you're putting shit on guards.

| does not get wet when it's raining

Not paying attention, he does.

| & and his cabin air-conditioning works more efficiently.

Works exactly the same.

| What more would you consider to be better examples of greater working
| conditions.

You've shown bugger-all so far, you're wrong on nearly every count.

| After all, as I said above, they both work from the same
| crew cab.

But you were wrong when you said it.

| [although at different locations in the composite of the
| train]
|
| I believe all drivers know their position has greater job satisfaction
| than the guards.

Probably, but you'd have to ask guards that have become Drivers to know the
answer to that.

| Lets face it, the guard has the crap job.

They do? News to me. If I was looking for a job, I'd take it in a second.
$70,000+ pa to sit on your arse reading the paper all day?