Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

In article <65aa48a0.0106050536.644d848b@posting.google.com>,
Karina Vor-daniken <vorgestern@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Many years ago when I worked in Sydney, guards quiet often travelled
>at the front of the train on 4 car sets with the drivers. I always
>thought that this was a good idea because the guard could observe the
>platforms as the train arrived into the platforms late at night. Now
>there is obviously some reason that this does not happen after 9.00pm
>at night.

 I've been on trains in the last year where the guard was up the front,
including one 'night safe' train where the locked off the back 2 cars
(instead of the front) and stopped short at the 'night safe' marked platforms
so the open cars would line up with the markings..

 Presumably some manager type complained about the breach in 'the rules' or
something. I haven't seen this happen recently.

 Some drivers and guards do get along fine :-)