Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

So what is it like being a Guard?
Guards have rode around on conditions won by the drivers.....even shit on us
when we went out on the grass in support of their positions in the van on
freight trains....So the way I see it is they are PARASITES riding around on
our backs.....pass the mortein.....
65aa48a0.0106071609.505d381a@posting.google.com">news:65aa48a0.0106071609.505d381a@posting.google.com...
> > "Karina Vor-daniken" <vorgestern@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Seeing as how you've snipped the whole damn post, I'll just have to
guess
> > that you're replying to me.
> >
> > | So what your saying is that the air-conditioning in the drivers cab is
> > | almost worthless if the guard operated from the front of the train.
> >
> > I was stating the obvious. You don't leave your doors or windows open at
> > home with the air-con on.
> >
> > | What's the efficiency of the air-conditioning for the guard normally.
> >
> > Ask a guard.
>
> Why ask a guard, by your own admission it's not good. But who cares.
> ------------------------------
> >
> > | So what your implying is stuff the guard, I'm OK up front.
> >
> > You infer incorrectly.
>
> Your responses hints otherwise.
> >

> > | Poor old guard, longer shifts, poorer conditions, less pay I dare say.
> >
> > What are their poorer conditions? They usually make more than Drivers.
> >

> > | What about the crap seat the guard has to sit.
> >
> > The Driver's seat?
>
> Using the drivers must tell your what I said is correct. Its crap.
> That answer obviously tells us the obvious does it not.
> -------------------------------
>
> > | Again, stuff him, my arse is quiet comfortable thank you.
> >
> > Where do you get this crap from?
>
> What crap, its the blind truth.
> ------------------------------
>
> > | Is not the poor old guard the sap that has to get up and down every
> > | few minutes, while the drivers simply sits on his arse.
> >
> > No, he's the one who gets to sit and read most of the shift while the
Driver
> > hauls him around.
> >

> > | The guard standing in the door way when it's pouring rain.
> >
> > That's part of his job, if he doesn't like it he can change.
>
> Yes thats right, you simply don't care about your fellow train crew.
> Like said before, train crewing cannot work together without bias.
> ------------------------------
>
> > | Don't worry, the driver is still dry and comfortable.
> >
> > So what if we were? BTW, the Driver's cab usually gets wetter than the
> > guard's. Plus we get water dripping on us and on the dash.
>
> How much water pours in through the open doors on rainy days. Right,
> keeping going your doing well here so far.
> --------------------------------
>
> > | [and getting paid more with shorter shifts I'm told]
> >
> > A guard works longer shifts cause they're greedy and didn't trade them
off.
> > With the longer shifts and more overtime they quite often earn more than
> > Drivers.
>
> Excuse me, I thought working longer hours would have that result.
> Shame the guard likely has to work 10 hours a week longer to bring
> home the same pay packet.
>

> > | A drivers no doubt carries greater prestige.
> > | Many would happily tell people they are a driver. What's the guard
> > | tell people, I'm the bloke that opens & closes the doors from the
> > | caboose.  From memory, the guards seat does not even face the
> > | direction of travel.
> >
> > The same seat that Driver Trainers use. BTW, most guards use the
Driver's