Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

news:<3b1f8fa5$0$25473
| > "Karina Vor-daniken" <vorgestern@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| > | What's the efficiency of the air-conditioning for the guard normally.
| >
| > Ask a guard.
|
| Why ask a guard, by your own admission it's not good.

Because you asked "What's the efficiency of the air-conditioning for the
guard ***normally***" As I'm not a guard I wouldn't know. So, ask a guard.

| But who cares.

A guard?

| > | So what your implying is stuff the guard, I'm OK up front.
| >
| > You infer incorrectly.
|
| Your responses hints otherwise.

Please quote where I've said that.

| > | Poor old guard, longer shifts, poorer conditions, less pay I dare say.
| >
| > What are their poorer conditions? They usually make more than Drivers.

You haven't answered this question. What are the guards poorer conditions.

| > | What about the crap seat the guard has to sit.
| >
| > The Driver's seat?
|
| Using the drivers must tell your what I said is correct. Its crap.
| That answer obviously tells us the obvious does it not.

They don't use it so your complaint is invalid. The Driver Trainer has a
greater complaint from having to use that seat. There's at least one on
compo and probably more to come.

| > | Again, stuff him, my arse is quiet comfortable thank you.
| >
| > Where do you get this crap from?
|
| What crap, its the blind truth.

Where has anyone said "Stuff the guard"? Except yourself.

| > | The guard standing in the door way when it's pouring rain.
| >
| > That's part of his job, if he doesn't like it he can change.
|
| Yes thats right, you simply don't care about your fellow train crew.

I've just said, "he can change", so that's showing care. If he changes he
won't have to stand in a doorway in the rain.

| Like said before, train crewing cannot work together without bias.

What bias? Where? You keep making accusations, but can't back it up.

| > | Don't worry, the driver is still dry and comfortable.
| >
| > So what if we were? BTW, the Driver's cab usually gets wetter than the
| > guard's. Plus we get water dripping on us and on the dash.
|
| How much water pours in through the open doors on rainy days. Right,
| keeping going your doing well here so far.

You obviously haven't got a clue as to what yoú're talking about. The
Driver's cab gets wetter than the guard's.

| > | [and getting paid more with shorter shifts I'm told]
| >
| > A guard works longer shifts cause they're greedy and didn't trade them
off.
| > With the longer shifts and more overtime they quite often earn more than
| > Drivers.
|
| Excuse me, I thought working longer hours would have that result.

Seeing as how I just said that.

| Shame the guard likely has to work 10 hours a week longer to bring
| home the same pay packet.

So you think everyone should be paid the same? Someone with less
responsibilities should be paid the same? Someone with less knowledge
requiurements should be paid the same?

| > | A drivers no doubt carries greater prestige.
| > | Many would happily tell people they are a driver. What's the guard
| > | tell people, I'm the bloke that opens & closes the doors from the
| > | caboose.  From memory, the guards seat does not even face the
| > | direction of travel.
| >
| > The same seat that Driver Trainers use. BTW, most guards use the
Driver's
| > seat.
|
| Obviously you have never spent 8 hours sitting on the guards seat
| than.

As I'm not a Driver trainer, no I haven't. Guards use the Driver's seat.

| > | I have seen drivers wearing jeans, running shoes and comfortable
shirts.

| > That would be, because Drivers, unlike guards were not issued with a
| > uniform. (until May 2000).

| from memory, drivers had an option of the green shirts, trousers &
| jacket. Most never excercised that option because they wanted to wear
| comfortable cloths like running shoes, jeans and shirts. Would not
| want to be recongised by the public would we.

Drivers could wear green clothing issue, which was not regarded as a
uniform. They were not allowed to wear running shoes, only safety shoes or
boots.

| > | Listen, from what I have observed the drivers appear to have it quiet
| > | good. [nothing has changed since my old friend worked as a guard back
| > | in the 80's]  I said in the above post that drivers and guards cannot
| > | really work together.
| >
| > Only about as well as the guard and the station assistant or the guard
and
| > the station master could work together.
|
| Very true. Low moral, staff cannot work together. Is that not what I
| have been saying.

Because they have have seperate, different jobs in different locations -
that's why none of those work together.

| > | You have only reinforced my opinion:
| > | Quote,  "Personally I don't like the guards up the front as they have
| > | to keep opening the doors, which negates any heating/air-conditioning
| > | which may be in use".
| >
| > Nothing anyone says is going to change it, your little rant proves that.
| >
| > | Not wonder the system is totally screwed.
|
| Is really a rant, or simply the truth.

Definately a rant.

| > The system is screwed because a Driver likes to work in the same comfort
as
| > most other workers? Or because or your observations 20 years ago? Get a
| > grip.
|
| Anyone whom reads your respones can see what your attitude is.

What's my attitude?

| [and what weak come-backs]

You obviously haven't read your own responses.

| Why cannot the guard experience the same comfort?

Who says they can't? Certainly I haven't. As I've pointed out, they actually
have the same if not greater comfort than the Driver.

| Why, because attitudes

What attitude is that?

| like yours display selfish opinions.

What opinion is that?

| What happened in the 80's should not influence what happens today.

Then why bring it up?

|The thing is, drivers have got what they want already.

No we haven't.

| I really feel sorry for drivers,

Thanks, but we'll scrape by.

| I hope that the water coming through
| the dash does not disturb your comfort to much.

Not much to do with comfort, I just don't want to get electrocuted.

| Stay cool in your air-condition cab,

Most aren't air-conditioned.

| with your tail on a comfortable seat.

The same one the guard sits on? BTW, they're not comfortable.

| Oh, and your shorter shifts

The guards own fault that their's are longer.

| & higher pay. hourly rate]

For a more important and responsible job.

|  For your money, drivers don't even deal with the public.

We don't? That'll be a surprise to all the passengers who knock on my
door/window or just open my door, or all the passengers I have to deal with
as I'm changing trains or going to/from crib.

| Your grasping at straws with your responses my friend.

You still haven't been able to provide a shred of proof for any of your
arguments, I've shot every single one down.