Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

So what your saying is that the air-conditioning in the drivers cab is
almost worthless if the guard operated from the front of the train.
What's the efficiency of the air-conditioning for the guard normally.
So what your implying is stuff the guard, I'm OK up front.  Poor old
guard, longer shifts, poorer conditions, less pay I dare say.  What
about the crap seat the guard has to sit. Again, stuff him, my arse is
quiet comfortable thank you.
Is not the poor old guard the sap that has to get up and down every
few minutes, while the drivers simply sits on his arse. The guard
standing in the door way when it's pouring rain. Don't worry, the
driver is still dry and comfortable. [and getting paid more with
shorter shifts I'm told] A drivers no doubt carries greater prestige.
Many would happily tell people they are a driver. What's the guard
tell people, I'm the bloke that opens & closes the doors from the
caboose.  From memory, the guards seat does not even face the
direction of travel. I have seen drivers wearing jeans, running shoes
and comfortable shirts. I have failed to see a guard turning up for
duty looking like that.
Listen, from what I have observed the drivers appear to have it quiet
good. [nothing has changed since my old friend worked as a guard back
in the 80's]  I said in the above post that drivers and guards cannot
really work together. You have only reinforced my opinion:
Quote,  "Personally I don't like the guards up the front as they have
to keep opening the doors, which negates any heating/air-conditioning
which may be in use".
Not wonder the system is totally screwed.