Re: Guard & Drivers Working Together.

"Karina Vor-daniken" <vorgestern@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| So you approve of the guard sitting in the drivers seat.

Wrong again, I haven't said anything for or against the guard doing that.

| [because it's
| more comfortable]  Would not that tell you that the guards seat is a
| poor second cousin the drivers.

Haven't said it wasn't, but it's irrelevant if it is.

|  Are there regulations stating that guards are not authorised to sit on
the drivers seat ?

Don't know, don't care.

| Just because they do, does not make my argument invalid regarding the
quality of
| the 2 seats provided.

Just makes it irrelevant.

| Regarding work location, I see little difference when a crew cab is
| some 10' foot by 6' foot. Do you draw little yellow lines on floor
| saying don't cross this line: drivers or guards only.

Now that you mention it.

| [they both work with the same space, though seating for guards and drivers
are on
| opposite sides]
|
| They both usually sit on the left. Not if we accept the guard sits on
| the drivers seat like you suggest. [see, this is the petty crap you
| come back with]

Huh? Please translate.

| Now if you please answer the simply question without all the rhetoric.
| Is the guard entitled to sit on the drivers seat ? Yes or no ?

As I just said, I neither know nor care.

| And if you choose to argue, answer the questions with valid answers.

That's all I ever give.

|  On suburban sets, do you agree that the drivers seat is more comfortable
| ? It's a real easy question, yes or no ?

Yes, and I have never said otherwise.

| I stated: We appear to agree that nothing can be done for the guards
| regarding the air-conditioning simply because they have to open the
| door at platforms. [doing this vents the cab and nullifies the
| efficiency of the said] Can we agree on that fact.

No as something can be done.

| You stated: Replace them with cameras? Replace the guards or allow the
| guards to view the platforms for purpose of right-away using camera's.
| Your response is not clear.

As it doesn't matter. Either will do.

| You stated: "Because they're not as greedy.  Guards keep agreeing to
| work longer hours.  If they don't like it can change.  Or demand
| shorter hours".  I would assume that the drivers would support this if
| they made a stand on this matter.

I doubt that very much after the guards sold out the Drivers last time they
went on strike.

| I could draw the conclusion from
| your observations that guards obviously work longer hours because
| State Rail does not have enough of them to implement workable
| rostering. I would have thought this was a management problem.

Then you obviously have a long bow.

| You stated drivers do deal with the public. Compared to guards, what
| would you consider their involvement with the public. What ratio would
| you think is appropriate compared to the guards. Say, on par. Perhaps
| 10%.

Appropriate? 0%

| A driver does not get wet when it's raining.

Yes he does.

| You state:  "Not paying attention, he does". Oh, sorry water on the
consol. How much, a litre.
| Enough to wet you radio or roster book. Does every drivers cab suffer
| this affliction.  This make up for rain coming through an open door
| way does it. [is this tit for tat]

Water under the doors, water through the leaky windows, water through the
marker lights, water through the ceiling.

| I stated: "I believe all drivers know their position has greater job
| satisfaction than the guards". You stated:  Probably, but you'd have
| to ask guards that have become Drivers to know the answer to that.
| [have you ever bothered to ask]

I don't need to know the answer and don't care what the answer is.

| If you have not been a guard, how can you draw conclusions.

I have been and you're the only one drawing all these conclusions, not me.

| Lets face it, the guard has the crap job.

Do they? I think most would disagree with you.

| You stated:  "They do? News to me. If I was looking for a job, I'd
| take it in second".  Well here is your opportunity my old son.
| Apparently there are plenty of positions available based on the
| overtime.

I already have a job thanks.

| You stated: "$70,000+ pa to sit on your arse reading the paper all
| day" ? Bit of a blanket statement there. They all earn that do they ?

A lot of them do, yes.

| I suppose they don't mind working 10 hours a day & 13 shifts a fortnight.

Obviously not if they do it.

|  Next you will tell me that they don't deserve those wages, even know they
worked.

As I haven't said one bad word about guards or their job yet (unlike
yourself), I'm not about to start now.

| And who cares if they read a book or newspaper.  What the shit do you
think they should do. Stare
| mindlessly out the window all day.

I don't care what they do, I was pointing out that they don't have to do
much to get their $70,000+ when you're saying they have a shitty job. As I
said, if I was after a job I'd take it in a second.

| In your posts, you have displayed all the bias I always believed
| existed.

Please quote some of this bias, there isn't any. It's all in your head.

| Your so blinded by grievances dating back to the unsupported
| strikes 15 years ago that even drivers who weren't around at the time
| quote with monotonous regularity.  You carry these old grievances
| around like shit on a shoe.

You really don't have a clue do you?