Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

In article <3a7c8df9.458810@can-news.tpg.com.au>,
  mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2001 00:45:18 +1100, "Grahame Ferguson"
> <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:
>
> >On this subject, look at the NRC's record of selling any of its
assets- Nil.
> >They never ever sell any of their rolling stock, not so much as set
of
> >bogies.
> >
> >Whoever buys NR may have a different policy.
> >
> >Wouldn't it be good to see one of those monsters preserved in
working order.

> Whoever buys NRC will have to make some pretty tough decisions.
> The Company is running at continual losses.
> Whilst its not simple to explain why , its obvious that since their
> inception they have lost market share to other operators and it seems
> they are over capitalised , ie have more assetts than they need, hence
> the storing of locos and the scrapping of wagons.
> I beleive that selling surplus assetts  / locos / rollingstock will
> have to be high on the list for the new owner.

If it's FA or ARG, the excess locomotives and rolling stock would just
be re-allocated to other divisions which need them.  The AN's (long
distance heavy haul locomotives) would handle the SCT contract much
better than the G class (short distance heavy haul locomotives).

> It also depends a bit on exactly what is being sold , for example will
> the new buyer of NRC get to own the NRs , given that currently they
> are leverage leased.

I thought that these locomotives had been brought outright by NR.  Ah
well, the new owner would have to take over the lease on the
locomotives then.

> This also applies in the case of the sale of Freightcorp, ie will the
> new owner get to own the 90s and 82s .

As Freightcorp do not own the locomotives, the new owner can not own
the locomotives

Adam

> MD

Sent via Deja.com