Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

In article <956kln$3mc$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > > If it's in such bad shape, then it would be ideal for the ARHS
> >museum.
>
> Not really, X35 recently purchased by FA from ARHS. Strictly speaking
> X35 does not exist anymore since what they got is really a shell of
> X35:-). I don't think the condition of C503 is worse then X35.
> BTW the <<shell>> of X35 is at Newport workshop outside West Block.

Yeah comparing C 503 and X 35 condition wise is like compareing cheese
and chalk.  C 503 is in MUCH better condition that X 35.  ALL cab
fittings appeared to be inplace in 503 other than for the radios which
NRC removed and the airconditioning unit.

FA would have 3000Hp motors sitting arround to throw in, or, if they
could find the right welder, theyu could repair where the conrod has
gone through the block (assuming the welder knows what he is doing),
meaning they wouldn't need another motor for her.

Also everything else appears to be in place (traction motors, any
tanks, brake gear).

So C503 would be a major overhaul, while X35 would be (virtually)
building a new locomotive.

> --
> Cheers
>
> Railway Rasputin