Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

In article <795d6.67$aR.1294@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> david (david@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au) wrote:
> > I heard the NR might be selling the  remaining unused  ex
Victorian "C"
> > class locomotives ?
>
> There was a rumour that NR were going to scrap them to prevent them
> falling into enemy hands. They're scrapping ex-V/Line wagons for the
same
> reason.

There was also a related rumor that some group who were interested in
buying them (no names known) took NR to court to prevent them scrapping
them.  IIRC, the outcome was that NR can not scrap any of the
locomotives they aquired from V/Line, AN or NSW.

NR also scrapped flat cars from NSW, WA and AN

> If they did coem up for sale, I'm sure ATN would be interested.

As would FA and CFCLA.

> Cheers
> David

Sent via Deja.com