Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:08:51 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>david (david@gwmail.nmit.vic.edu.au) wrote:
>> I heard the NR might be selling the  remaining unused  ex Victorian "C"
>> class locomotives ?
>
>There was a rumour that NR were going to scrap them to prevent them
>falling into enemy hands. They're scrapping ex-V/Line wagons for the same
>reason.
>
>If they did coem up for sale, I'm sure ATN would be interested.
>
>Cheers
>David

Does anyone know for sure how much a C class with a full tank of fuel
really weighs??
I have heard rumours of as much as 145 tonnes
Not the 132 that is the official line..
If they really weigh 145 tonnes ,what sort of restrictions would there
be in running them on 47 KG/M rail.

MD