Re: {Rumor) Are the VR "C" Class up for sale ?

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001 00:45:18 +1100, "Grahame Ferguson"
<grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:

>On this subject, look at the NRC's record of selling any of its assets- Nil.
>They never ever sell any of their rolling stock, not so much as set of
>bogies.
>
>Whoever buys NR may have a different policy.
>
>Wouldn't it be good to see one of those monsters preserved in working order.

Whoever buys NRC will have to make some pretty tough decisions.
The Company is running at continual losses.
Whilst its not simple to explain why , its obvious that since their
inception they have lost market share to other operators and it seems
they are over capitalised , ie have more assetts than they need, hence
the storing of locos and the scrapping of wagons.
I beleive that selling surplus assetts  / locos / rollingstock will
have to be high on the list for the new owner.
It also depends a bit on exactly what is being sold , for example will
the new buyer of NRC get to own the NRs , given that currently they
are leverage leased.
This also applies in the case of the sale of Freightcorp, ie will the
new owner get to own the 90s and 82s .

MD