Re: [NSW] Five (in a car) thought dead after train crash

Jeez, some people take everything literally don't they?

I put down 4 criteria for whether a line was in use, just one of which could
mean that it is, and they were 4 I thought of off the cuff as I was writing.
Considering that I could be approaching the train line at 100km/h, some rather
rapid decisions have to be made, and if all else fails, hit the anchors.  Does
it help if I say that I've studied a little bit of physics and dynamics, and
understand a bit about momentum and kinetic energy?  I'd still approach a
train line with caution, and I say this from a 100% clean record going across
level crossings.

Have a nice day.

Al