Re: Signaller causes SPAD

In article <8pmgol$sr6$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  signal_spotter@my-deja.com wrote:
> Hey I didn't start this driver vs engineer war. Ever since I started
> reading/contributing to this NG, just about every driver has had some
> little dig at me whether it's due to catchpoints in the main line or
> bad sighting on signals that I've had nothing to do with, etc etc etc.

If they were having a dig at you personally then that's wrong. If they
were giving you valuable feedback about catchpoints, bad sighting then
they were giving you something for which you should use when you design
signals.

> I don't complain to them about their driving. Maybe I should. Just 2
> days ago I caught the train from the city and our driver misjudged his
> approach into the station, slammed on the brakes and nearly passed the
> signal at stop. Nearly all of us were thrown around. We were right
> behind the Guards Compartment and when we alighted and I commented to
> my colleagues that the driver almost SPADDED, the guard became quite
> irate. Bet that incident didn't get reported. So maybe this contempt
> that you drivers are sensing is just my responding to your equally
> contempt posts towards me.

OK then, you listen to us and we'll listen to you. It's important for
neither side to be contemptous of the other. We both work in the same
industry.

Regards

Frank