Re: Signaller causes SPAD

<antstig@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8q3rf6$tki$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8q3rf6$tki$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> The trouble is that there are so many times that drivers get stitched
> up for incidents/delays in order to cover up for signallers' error.
> That's fact and if I did not "whinge" about this to the authorities I
> would have had several delays etc on my record that had nothing to do
> with me.

Here, if it's the signallers fault, it's usually covered up and the Driver
will hear no more about it. I was recently wrong-roaded, challenged the
signal and was told the route was correct. I did my bit, so after taking the
wrong road, I again told the signaller who insisted I was on the wrong
train. Eventually after a big diversion we departed the original location
again, 40 minutes late.

> Is this the experience of CityRail drivers? Do they conveniently get
> blamed more often than not for delays etc. with the service? I would be
> interested to know.

They certainly try, but I'd estimate less than 1% of delays are attributable
to Drivers. Passengers cause lots, guards cause lots waiting for passengers.
Signallers cause heaps, especially at night when they decide to have a nap.