Re: Signaller causes SPAD

In article <8ps2dc$6os$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>,
  "Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote:
> hmmm, 20 years ago a driver would have said "shit, we tripped..
contacted
> the box, got the ok to proceed, and got on with his life"
> in the year 2000, its just another excuse to see a doctor, and get
paid to
> stay home on stress leave.

I've never heard of a driver going on stress leave because an
incompetent signaller (I'm excluding genuine reasons here) threw a
stick back in his face. It mightn't be a bad idea if we did go on
stress leave then maybe those signallers might be disciplined.

> 20 years ago, Drivers would have just been happy that there was a
designer
> making signalling systems with the direct capability of avoiding
collision..
> in the year 2000, they are the target of anti-catchpoint crusaders.

Most catchpoints (thankfully) have been abolished by LUL. They were an
uneccessary pain in the ass.

> 20 years ago, the little old lady would still have broken a leg..

And of course that's perfectly all right.

>in the
> year 2000, she would get shitloads of compensation for it, and along
with
> all the drivers that went on stress leave at the same time, would be
a part
> of the reason why employers haven't got any alternative to reduce
staffing
> levels and increase prices...

Doncha you just love these generalisations!

Regards

Frank

> > "Well, silly me. I forgot as a designer you would not be concerned
> > about little old ladies breaking a leg because the train was tripped
> > and brought to a sudden halt not to mention the stress caused to the
> > drivers."
> >
> > Bill
>
> hmmm, 20 years ago a driver would have said "shit, we tripped..
contacted
> the box, got the ok to proceed, and got on with his life"
> in the year 2000, its just another excuse to see a doctor, and get
paid to
> stay home on stress leave.
>
> 20 years ago, Drivers would have just been happy that there was a
designer
> making signalling systems with the direct capability of avoiding
collision..
> in the year 2000, they are the target of anti-catchpoint crusaders.
>
> 20 years ago, the little old lady would still have broken a leg.. in
the
> year 2000, she would get shitloads of compensation for it, and along
with
> all the drivers that went on stress leave at the same time, would be
a part
> of the reason why employers haven't got any alternative to reduce
staffing
> levels and increase prices...
>
> sad..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/