Re: Gheringhap- Maroona was: Riggs Creek Smash

If I remember correctly most of the sidings were kept during the regauge.
Cressy lucked out as it had the two turnouts in a strange arrangement with a
loop having both a left hand and a right hand turnout for trailing moves in
either direction.  The tracks were slewed into a straight alignment and the
siding removed.

The following sidings are still around:

Gheringhap (Passing loop (SG) and Siding (BG))

Inverleigh Siding (We have used it for ballast loading and concrete sleeper

Wingeel - Loop

Cressy - REMOVED

Berrybank - (Loop and siding)

Lismore ?? I think it is still in service as a siding

Derrinallum ?? I think it is still in service as a siding

Vite Vite - Old siding removed and new loop built

Pura Pura - ?? I think it is still in service as a siding

Westmere - Siding in service

Mininera - Siding in service

Tatyoon - (Loop and Siding)

Maroona - (Loop and Siding)

This is just from memory and if I'm incorrect sorry, its been a while since
I walked track up that way.

Hope it helps

Stephen Devenish
John Holland Rail