Re: Riggs Creek Smash (language warning)

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:54:23 +1100, "B."
<gunzel412@dingoblue.gunzel.net.au> wrote:

>Maurie Daly <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>3a1dcff1.13834446@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a1dcff1.13834446@can-news.tpg.com.au...
>
>> Every loco that has to run over the western line now has to
>> be fitted with a Motorola Syntrex radio which are now
>> obsolete.
>
>I thought it was a funny 'Motorola 1200' radio, quite separate to
>the Syntrex radios, that you need for the ASW LSDU's.
>
>--
>B.
>
>Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
>ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
>Phone - long, long, short, long.

You may be right.
The syntrex can demodulate the PSK data burst which contains the data
for the authority but I dont know if Victrak have modified them to
allow the data to be fed externally into a VDU.
The portable ASW gear in the early days used syntrexes.
Either way , using a safe working system based on obsolete proprietary
hardware really isnt a great idea.
The other stations  between Gheringhap and Maroona which used to have
sidings in the BG days were Cressy,Westmere and Pura Pura.
As they all had wheat silos , I presume that they are still there ,
although the sidings may not be.
Whats the arrangement for operating the grade crossing at Elders BP.?
Is this a key locked deal ,or is there a release in Nth Geelong B.

MD