Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

Chris Gordon wrote:

> David McLoughlin wrote:

> > Also, 109 will be the first Yarra Trams route to get the 31 new Citadis
> > low-floor articulated trams on order. One assumes they will be used to
> > inaugurate the Box Hill extension from Mont Albert. Has work begun on
> > that extension yet?
>
> The trams are due about 6 months before the extension is finished.
>
> The extension is still in planning stages.

Thanks. I shall be there for the opening of that extension, on the first
tram. I grew up in Box Hill and often walked to and from Mont Albert to
catch the tram there. The extension should have been built 40 years ago,
but of course, trams weren't in fashion 40 years ago.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand