Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

Chris Gordon wrote:

> Ben wrote

> > 2. I rode on a B class tram on route 109 to Port Melbourne. In the past few
> > years all Port Melbourne trams that I have seen or ridden on have been A
> > class.
>
> There has been a B class (at least one) at Kew Depot for a few months
> now, this does normal Kew Runs (so it could do 109, like when you saw
> it)

Also, 109 will be the first Yarra Trams route to get the 31 new Citadis
low-floor articulated trams on order. One assumes they will be used to
inaugurate the Box Hill extension from Mont Albert. Has work begun on
that extension yet?

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand