Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

> > > 2. I rode on a B class tram on route 109 to Port Melbourne. In the past few
> > > years all Port Melbourne trams that I have seen or ridden on have been A
> > > class.
> >
> > There has been a B class (at least one) at Kew Depot for a few months
> > now, this does normal Kew Runs (so it could do 109, like when you saw
> > it)
>
> Also, 109 will be the first Yarra Trams route to get the 31 new Citadis
> low-floor articulated trams on order. One assumes they will be used to
> inaugurate the Box Hill extension from Mont Albert. Has work begun on
> that extension yet?

The trams are due about 6 months before the extension is finished.

The extension is still in planning stages.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news