Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

> > > Also, 109 will be the first Yarra Trams route to get the 31 new Citadis
> > > low-floor articulated trams on order. One assumes they will be used to
> > > inaugurate the Box Hill extension from Mont Albert. Has work begun on
> > > that extension yet?
> >
> > The trams are due about 6 months before the extension is finished.
> >
> > The extension is still in planning stages.
>
> Thanks. I shall be there for the opening of that extension, on the first
> tram. I grew up in Box Hill and often walked to and from Mont Albert to
> catch the tram there. The extension should have been built 40 years ago,
> but of course, trams weren't in fashion 40 years ago.

That is due for about early 2002.  I will have to look out for you.
(since I am not going to NZ any time soon).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news