Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

Chris Gordon wrote:

> David McLoughlin wrote:

> > Thanks. I shall be there for the opening of that extension, on the first
> > tram. I grew up in Box Hill and often walked to and from Mont Albert to
> > catch the tram there. The extension should have been built 40 years ago,
> > but of course, trams weren't in fashion 40 years ago.
>
> That is due for about early 2002.  I will have to look out for you.
> (since I am not going to NZ any time soon).

There is no reason to go to NZ any time. It's the arsehole of the world.
More than 400,000 NZers (the population of Christchurch) now live in
Australia and the rate of departure is around 40,000 a year now. Hardly
any Australians have shifted here except a few like me, who is only
still here because I married a New Zealand woman who for some
incomprehensible reason refuses to move to Australia despite the huge
decline in NZ living standards compared with Australia in the past 20
years.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand