Re: [melb] Yarra Trams Network Observations

Its well and truly overdue, and a good choice for the new trams to
start. Once the new trams arrive, the A-class will replace the Z's on
route 11/112, and those Z's will apparantly go back to Swanston.

Its a shame the extension is going to end in the middle of whitehorse
road instead of at the train station, and its also quite unnecessary to
demolish half of box hill to widen the road in the process.

On the plus side, YT are trying to get tram priority on the whole of
the route (I assume so that they can run the route with the same number
of trams after the extension). If the YT management weren't such rude
bastards, we might even be willing to help them lobby for this.

Vaughan

> > The trams are due about 6 months before the extension is finished.
> >
> > The extension is still in planning stages.
>
> Thanks. I shall be there for the opening of that extension, on the
first
> tram. I grew up in Box Hill and often walked to and from Mont Albert
> catch the tram there. The extension should have been built 40 years
ago,
> but of course, trams weren't in fashion 40 years ago.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.