Re: [Melb] More Trains Services (Suburban)

> Now is that 340 services a day (unlikely!), week or month?

A week, I think, but I suspect they are counting each service they've
moved as an extra one (?)

I think Paul said it worked out to an average three extra trains per
line per day.

> Nothing on Peter Batchelor's website as yet.
>
> I also heard the news item (7pm 3LO).  The extra services were to be
> weekends and peaks, so presumably the northern and western lines
retain
> their 20 min headway during the week?  Also no reference to night
services.

> Does anyone have any more details on the services - whether it's an
odd
> extra one here and there, or whether they entail significant frequency
> increases on particular days (a 15-20 min minimum across the network
at all
> times would be good!).

Mostly its a couple of extra trains here and there.

The most significant improvement is from 40 to 30 minutes on sunday
nights and the loop staying open.

As I told ABC Radio earlier today, its a welcome improvement but theres
a long way to go. Its been over-hyped by batchelor and certainly isn't
the biggest improvement in 15 years.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.