Re: [Melb] More Trains Services (Suburban)

> Now is that 340 services a day (unlikely!), week or month?

340 a week.

> I also heard the news item (7pm 3LO).  The extra services were to be
> weekends and peaks, so presumably the northern and western lines retain
> their 20 min headway during the week?  Also no reference to night services.
>
> Does anyone have any more details on the services - whether it's an odd
> extra one here and there, or whether they entail significant frequency
> increases on particular days (a 15-20 min minimum across the network at all
> times would be good!).

Most of the alterations are covering "holes" in the timetable.  Minimum
service level are set, ie Sundays a train every 20 minutes till 7pm and
every 30 minutes till midnight.  But when you look the the timetable
there will be a 44 minute gap between services around 7pm when the loop
closes.  This is changed.

Also the Loop Staying open on Sunday nights (about time too, every tried
getting home from Spencer Street on a Sunday night if you don't live on
the Northern Group train lines?)

Everything else is covered below:

Hillside Contract covered the new services from Jan 1 2000 (Quite a few
of them, all covered in June Rail News Victoria (RNV) ie extending
7:20pm to Belgrave, making the 4:43pm and 4:47pm trains run express
after Box Hill, Shopper Express for 1 year from 1 Jan 2000 to 1 Jan 2001
etc.....)

Both Companies need to increase trains services by 10,000 route kms a
year.

Part of Bayside contract:
** Part of Part 3: **
1.2 The Franchisee must propose a new Master Timetable in accordance
with Clause 7.6 to take effect from 1 Jan 2001.  The new Master
Timetable must include the following services in addition to the
Services in the Master Timetable as at the Franchise Commencement Date
and the Services to be included in the Master Timetable pursuant to
paragraph 1.1 of Part 3:

(a) an AM Peak Service on the Franskton Route which stops at all Premium
Stations on that Route between Frankston Station and Flinders Street
Station

(b) an AM Peak Service on the Pakenham Route with stops at all Premium
Stations on that Route between Dandenong Station and Flinders Street
Station: and

(c) the following cross city services:

(i) two Inter-peak Services each hour which operate on the Frankston and
Werribee Routes from Frankston to Werribee Station or from Werribee
Station to Frankston Station; and

(ii) two Inter-peak Services each hour which operate on the Pakenham and
Broadmeadows Routes from Dandenong Station to Broadmeadows Station or
from Broadmeadows Station to Dandenong Station;
which stop all premium stations on those routes and at least two City
Loop Station.

** End of Part of Part 3. **

Some definitions:
AM Peak Service - means a service scheduled to arrive at its destination
at or after 7:31am and before 9:00am on a Weekday
Inter Peak Service - means a Service scheduled to arrive at its
destination at or after 9:01am and at or before 3:30pm on a weekday

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news